Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts, Honing, and Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar


Happy Valentine's Day!

...insert long description of the history and tradition of St. Valentine, followed by a mild rant on its over-commercialization and cheesy reflection....

Ok, now that THAT is over with...

Here are just a few things I love about Amber (and no, I'm not going to try and top 50!):

  1. She is strong in areas I'm not :)
  2. I love to hear her sing
  3. She loves our kids
  4. Her sense of style - very unique
  5. She's full of great ideas
  6. She manages our money well
  7. She is the best deal-finder that I know!!!
  8. She is fearless and humble, shopping at places others would never step foot in to save money and make the best of what we've been given
  9. She's not afraid to go eat at hole in the wall restaurants in other countries or the Indy ghetto :)
  10. She makes me cookies.
  11. She takes care of herself - going to the gym 5 days a week :)
  12. She's a great blogger
  13. Her smile is the most beautiful thing I know
  14. She's got great skin - really - it is great - smooth and soft
  15. She is my partner in work and ministry

Today, I'm supposed to be getting my straight razor in the mail! I'm very excited! It has taken a while, but that is the way I set it up.

The story:

Like my wife, I have to find the best deal on whatever I'm buying, especially when I'm new to something, such as straight razor shaving! So, I bought a straight razor from a guy off my shaving forum - www.badgerandblade.com - for a whole $30. (They're $90 + new)

It needed honed prior to use, so after I received it, I sent it to this guy on the forums that offered free honing! That's right, I said FREE! So of course I was all over it! I sent it off to him on the day of the big snowstorm (incidentally - I was only the 2nd customer for them that day with the12 inches of snow, but I like to show up for work on really bad snow days and do stuff to make sure everybody else is working too!). It got to him, but then took a week for him to get to it. Seems that his computer crashed and he lost all my info! Ah!

Well, he sent it out Thurs, it should be here today!

-------------------



And finally, I got my sampler shaving set from Truefitt and Hill yesterday. I tried the pre-shave oil, Trafalgar shaving cream and aftershave, using my Parker 22R DE razor and Derby blades.

Epic shave. Great! Smooth! No irritation! Win all the way around!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet list.
    Enjoy your new razor. Please don't hit your jugular or something unless you've really got a good life insurance policy. ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete